Checklist for holding a screening
At least one month before the event:
- Book your venue. Make sure the time, date and location of your chosen venue is available.
- Start your advertisement campaign. Print posters and put them in appropriate places. Send out emails. Place advertisements in the newsletter of your community, church, school, etc.
- If you plan on hiring any AV (TV/projector/sound system)equipment, look into that now.
- Make sure your copy of Turn Off Cancer. Turn On Life plays all the way through.If not, please contact us.
The week before your screening:
- Check the booking with your venue any details as such: Keys, alarms, power, toilets etc
- Organize any refreshments/food that you plan to supply.
- Put together any material you want to make available for guests to take them after the screening, business cards, and flyers…
- Do some last minute marketing. Send another round of mails. Maybe there are key people you want to call.
The day of your screening
- Check all your equipment. Make sure you know how it works. Maybe you want to be able to call somebody in case of technical issues.
- Arrive at the venue early enough to finish setting up before the guests show up
- Introduce yourself and give any housekeeping information and inform of what you have planned for the event.
- Enjoy yourself and feel happy that you are contributing to the health of the planet simply by sharing this film
It can be as easy or as elaborate as you want.The most important thing is that you enjoy yourself and create a warm, welcoming, open minded, nonjudgmental space where conversation and free discussion and sharing is well received.